Vanessa 14-year-old cat made a recent veterinary visit because she ate some gravel and was vomiting. The poor kitty was hospitalized for a whole week receiving care. Her veterinary care included fluids, diagnostic tests, radiology, and medication.
When a pet ingests non-food items, they must come out one way or another, or they may cause internal complications. In certain cases, surgery may be required if the item is too large to pass.
We hope that Vanessa makes a full recovery and is feeling well again!
Total claim amount: $1,976.08
Deductible applied: -$100.00
Ineligible costs (exam fees): -$74.00
10% co-insurance: -$180.21
Eligible for coverage: $1,621.87
September 15, 2014
Kona the 2-year-old mixed-breed dog got into some Gorilla Glue which can be very dangerous when swallowed. She refused to eat and was vomiting for a few days, so her owner made a trip to the veterinary hospital.
When Gorilla Glue comes in contact with water, it coagulates and expands, posing a serious threat to your pet’s digestive system. Our friend The Preventive Vet wrote a blog post about dogs and Gorilla Glue, including a video of the glue in water to show what can happen inside your dog’s stomach!
Kona needed exploratory surgery to remove any remnants of the glue. She was at the vet hospital for 3 days to receive medication and monitor her recovery.
We hope she is feeling much better now!
Total claim amount: $2,359.91
Deductible applied: -$300
Ineligible costs (exam fees, 50% dog food): -$113.90
10% co-insurance: -$194.60
Eligible for coverage: $1,751.41
September 8, 2014