We provide you with a few simple reasons why owning a pet makes us happier.
- They keep you healthy! Several studies have revealed that owning a pet can lower your blood pressure. Research has also provided that pet owners have an improved physical and emotional well being.
- Snuggle buddies. There is always someone there to cuddle with you.
- Greetings! You can always count on an enthusiastic and warm welcome from your pet every time you return from being away.
- They save you in stinky situations! You can always “blame the dog”.
- Two words: feet warmer.
- No judgment. You can sing loudly, act silly, and dress strangely and your pet won’t mind the difference because they love you for you.
- Laughs. You can’t help but be amused when they race around the house being chased by nothing or roll around wrestling with a toy.
- Kisses! Pet owners don’t mind a little slobber if it’s from a pet kiss.
- They comfort us when we are sad.
- Gratitude. They have run around the yard at top speed with their tongue flapping out, they have sufficiently sniffed everything last inch of sidewalk, you scratched that itch they can’t reach, and they have been fed a hearty meal. At the end of the day, you know they are really thankful for you, too.
Can you think of more? Share them with us!