There are many reasons why your dog is your best exercise buddy, one being that he’s always up for it and is never going to bail on you at the last minute. Want to get some good exercise with your dog this weekend? Here are a few tips to get you started.
- If you’re looking to start getting in shape, it’s important to stick to a solid routine. You and your dog should plan on getting into a daily (or every-other-daily) schedule of walking to keep fit.
- Dog walks are a great way to bond with your pet and get him the exercise he needs.
- Pick up the pace. Walking faster will give you and your pooch the best exercise results.
- When walking your dog, try to keep the sniffs and “pee on every tree” to a minimum so that you make the best of your time.
- Keep things interesting by switching up your route every once in a while.
- Add distance to your walk to improve your stamina.
You will be a fit dog walker in no time. Just be sure to provide plenty of water for Fido. Enjoy the weekend!