A few weeks ago, we posted some fun facts about dogs. There are so many interesting bits of information about animals and I wanted to share a few more with you. Here are some more that you may not have known:
- A dog’s shoulder blades are unattached to the rest of the skeleton to allow greater flexibility for running.
- Pekingese and Japanese Chins were so important in the ancient Far East that they had their own servants and were carried around trade routes as gifts for kings and emperors. Pekingese were even worshipped in the temples of China for centuries.
- A puppy is born blind, deaf, and toothless.
- The Basenji is the world’s only barkless dog.
- Dog nose prints are as unique as human finger prints and can be used to identify them.
To see these and other interesting facts, visit randomhistory.com.