Did you know that cats will almost never meow at other cats? Just humans. And did you know that there are 701 pure breed types of dogs?Â Here are some more informational, educational, and fun-filled pet facts you can share with others!
- Cats are known to have more than 100 vocal sounds, while dogs only have about 10.
- Each year, about $1.5 billion is spent on pet food, four times more than spent on baby food.
- Dog eyes have large pupils and a wide field of vision, therefore they are great at following moving objects and seeing well in low light.
- Every known dog has a pink tongue, except for the Chow who has a black tongue.
- A cat can jump as much as seven times its own height.
- Scientists have discovered that dogs can smell the presence of autism in children.
- Cats have 230 bones in their body. Humans only have 206 bones.
If you have any you would like to share, please post them and share with the rest of our readers below in the blog comments!
If you missed our last Trupanion Blog post about fun pet facts, check it out here: Fun Facts About Dogs.
*Photo courtesy of PetSugar