Friday is PSI’s 12th annual Take Your Dog To Work Day. Are you bringing your pet to work this Friday?
Trupanion employees are lucky to bring dogs to the office every day (and we also see the occasional cat) and we can think of many reasons why we love it. For one, we don’t have to worry about our pets getting lonely at home because there are many people who will pet them throughout the day here at the office.
There are also a number of other proven benefits, including:
- 55 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace leads to a more creative environment
- 53 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases absenteeism
- 50 million believe having pets in the workplace helps co-workers get along better
- 38 million believe having pets in the workplace creates a more productive work environment
- 32 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases smoking in the workplace
- 37 million believe having pets in the workplace helps improve the relationship between managers and their employees
- And, 46 million people who bring their pets to the workplace work longer hours
*These facts from a recent survey from The American Pet Products Manufacturers Association (APPMA).