Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Foreign Body Ingestion – Corn Husk

Charlie, the American Bulldog puppy was exploring the trash can and earned himself a trip to the vet! He swallowed a corn husk and had to be rushed to receive emergency veterinary care.

The veterinarian took radiographs and ultrasounds of Charlie’s abdomen. He also needed intravenous fluids, medications, and an endoscopy.

Because his owners have him insured, they can rush him to the vet any time this little puppy swallows objects that he shouldn’t be eating without worrying about the costs.

Pet insurance claim amount: $2,853.90
Deductible applied: $0.00
Exam fee: -$140.50
10% co-pay: -$271.34
Trupanion repaid: $2,442.06

About Stacy @Trupanion

Stacy Kowalchuk is a dog mom to her rescued Whippet-mix, Ellie. During the week, you can find Stacy surfing (the internet, that is) and managing Trupanion's presence in the social media world. In her free time, Stacy likes to bake, especially cupcakes! To balance her culinary affinity, she also likes to stay active, especially with activities that include her dog such as hiking and going to dog parks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


+ 1 = 6

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>