While it’s commonly dogs and puppies that swallow foreign objects and eat things that they shouldn’t, this week’s claim of the week is about a cat that swallowed some plastic!
Charlie is a Russian Blue that recently swallowed some plastic material. It appears from the invoice that the foreign material was removed without surgery. The good news is that it’s all done, he’s doing well, and his pet insurance footed the bill!
Pet insurance claim amount: $2,600.70
Deductible applied: -$0.00
Exam fee: -$68.00
10% co-pay: -$253.27
Trupanion repaid: $2,279.43
The moral of the story is that cats are just as accident-prone as dogs and should also be considered when shopping for pet insurance.