February is National Pet Dental Health Month which is a time that we recognize and remind pet owners of the importance of good oral hygiene for our pets. We brush our teeth on a regular basis but often forget that our pets’ teeth need regular cleaning as well!
Here’s how easy it is:
- Visit your local pet store
- Pick up some pet toothpaste and a pet toothbrush (or you can just use your finger)
- Squirt a small blob of pet toothpaste on your finger or pet toothbrush
- Rub it around on the left and right sides of your pet’s teeth (don’t worry about trying to clean the insides of the teeth)
- Plan on doing this 3-4 nights per week that you can devote a spare 5 minutes to your pet
- That’s it!
To learn more specifics about teeth brushing techniques and the risks your pet faces from lack of good oral hygiene, read our top 10 facts about pet dental health.