Not only are pets our best friends, but they play a variety of other roles in our lives.If everyone had a pet, think about how much money they would save on the following:
- Therapist – Many of us talk to our pets. We tell them about our day, we complain and whine, and our pets patiently listen. They even provide comfort and support when we need it.
- Heated Blanket – Dogs and cats are like mini mobile heaters, plus they are soft! When you are cold, you can just put them on your lap or next to you to help you keep warm. I like to make my dog sleep on my feet to keep them warm!
- Pillow – While many pets may be too small to lay the weight of our head on them, it is nice to snuggle up into their bellies and take a nap.
- Vacuum cleaner – Ever notice how your pet sniffs around the floor and nibbles up little bits of food? Pets make great floor cleaners when you have made a crumbly mess after eating some crackers or toast. Just be sure not to leave any chocolate, grapes, or medications on the floor!
- Bug catcher – Cats especially are great at chasing and catching small moving items which is what makes them great bug catchers. You’ll never have to worry about that pesky fly again.
- Personal trainer – Pets of all size need daily exercise. Many of them will bother us for attention until we get up and play with them or take them out for a walk. This persistence makes pets great personal trainers because they push us to get up and get active!
Which role does your pet play best? Share it with us by leaving a comment!