Moo Shu the French Bulldog puppy recently had a sweet tooth and got into some chocolate! Chocolate contains caffeine and theobromine which are poisonous to dogs and cats. Darker chocolates are more dangerous because they contain more of these stimulants. When a pet consumes chocolate, it may show signs of vomiting, diarrhea and increased heart rate. If you suspect your pet has consumed chocolate, it is important to seek veterinary consult immediately.
Moo Shu’s veterinary care for this visit included fluid therapy, radiographs, and 5 days spent in the hospital with medications given daily.
Total claim amount: $2,378.00
Deductible applied: -$0.00
Exam fees: -$0.00
Unrelated charges (rechecks): -$60.00
10% co-insurance: -$231.80
Trupanion repaid: $2,086.20