We see claims for foreign body ingestion on a weekly basis. Pets are curious and mischievous and not always super smart which means they sometimes eat things that they shouldn’t.
Ozzy is a 2-year-old Jack Russell Terrier who recently made an emergency trip to the vet for a foreign body ingestion. There, he received X-rays, IV fluids and anesthesia to prepare him for surgery. The poor guy had to leave with an E-collar but he should recover just fine!
Total claim amount: $3,360.12
Deductible applied: -$100.00
Exam fees: -$56.00
Unrelated charges (routine care): -$69.89
10% co-insurance: -$313.42
Trupanion repaid: $2,820.81
We are glad to have been able to help Ozzy and hope that he learned his lesson!