Recently, a website called Learnvest, published an article on the 11 most expensive dog breeds. The expense was not based on veterinary costs due to common health issues or the cost of care in other areas, but strictly on the cost of purchasing a dog from a breeder. It is an interesting take on this topic, so I thought I’d share their findings with you.
The 11 breeds listed were as follows:
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi, reported to cost up to $1,000 depending on their breeding.
- Saluki, reported to cost $2,500.
- Chow Chow, reported to cost between $1,000 and $8,500.
- Egyptian Pharaoh Hound, reported to cost between $2,500 and $6,500 due to its relative rarity.
- Olde English Bulldog, reported to cost up to $9,000 if purchased from a well-known breeder.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog, reported to cost around $7,000 because of their rarity.
- Lowchen, reported to cost between $5,000 and $8,000, again because they are so rare.
- Samoyed, reported to cost between $4,000 and $11,000.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, reported to cost anywhere between $1,000 and $14,000.
- German Shepherd, one of which was reported to have cost $230,ooo.
- Tibetan Mastiff, one of which was reported to have cost $1.5 million due to his superb lineage and breeding prospects
What do you think? Would you pay these prices for a dog of your own if you had the money?
To read the full article on Learnvest, click here.