This week’s featured pet insurance claim is for a foreign body ingestion of a pet toy. Pet toys are designed to be safe for pets, but nothing is safe when it’s swallowed by the pet! Samson is a 2-year-old Boxer with an insatiable appetite for toys.
The dog toy obstructed Samson’s small bowel and he had to get it surgically removed.
Total claim amount: $3,980.98
Deductible applied: (-$250.00) $0.00*
Exam fees: -$230.00
10% co-insurance: -$375.10
Trupanion repaid: $3,375.88
Samson’s $250 deductible was met on a previous visit to the veterinarian for radiographs and diagnostics for this condition.