1. Affinia Dumont (New York City, New York) avg. nightly rate $192 – $614- Pets receive a warm welcome to the East-Midtown hotel, which includes plush dog beds and tasty treats. A $25 pet-surcharge applies per stay, and additional services, such as grooming and pet psychics, are available.
2. Hotel Monaco Portland (Portland, Oregon) avg. nightly rate $126 – $325- Guests will receive a personal greeting on a Pet Welcome Board when visiting this downtown Portland property. Complimentary dog beds and bowls will be at the ready for little friends. Guests can also select the “Portland Unleashed” pet package, which nets owners a map of pet-friendly local breweries and restaurants, a doggie beer for their four-legged companion and more.
3. Ocean Park Resort (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina) avg. nightly rate $57 – $150- Guests can enjoy an ocean-side outing with their furry friend. A $15 per pet, per night surcharge applies, and the owner must provide any accessories.
4. Palomar Washington D.C (Washington D.C.) avg. nightly rate $182 – $557- The property provides an array of complimentary amenities, from pet beds to disposable pick-up bags. While guests enjoy the wine evening hour from 5pm to 6pm, the four-legged guests can enjoy “The Dish,” a pet lounge complete with treats.
5. A Laughing Horse Lodge (Port Aransas, Texas) avg. nightly rate $59 – $239- Located just two blocks from the beach, the property offers a welcome basket featuring treats and a collar-tag reading “Return me to Laughing Horse Lodge” for pets. There is a surcharge for one dog $25, $35 for two dogs, and $50 for three or more.
6. The Paw House Inn (West Rutland, Vermont) avg. nightly rate $135 – $255- The property provides beds to bowls to hiking trails for a dog friendly fun time. A $10 surcharge applies for guests without an accompanying four-legged friend.
7. Carmel Country Inn (Carmel, California) avg. nightly rate $195 – $395- The bed and breakfast offers a nice welcome for any pet, with a surcharge of $20 per animal. There will be an unlimited supply of biscuits and a photograph will be taken for the pet display in the lobby.
8. Hotel Marlowe (Cambridge, Massachusetts) avg. nightly rate $204 – $489- Pets are welcomed free of charge at the 236-room property. Located on Charles River, the property affords miles of waterside pathways. The concierge can assist with dog walking or pet sitting services while owners can enjoy the scenery and some alone time.
9. La Quinta Inn and Suites (Valdosta, Georgia) avg. nightly rate $89 – $129- This south Georgia property offers guests and their pets a large walking area. There is no pet surcharge, but owners must bring all their necessities.
10. Cypress Inn (Carmel, California) avg. nightly rate $150 – $575- Fine food and great company offers pets and guests a good time for “Yappy Hour.” A nightly surcharge applies of $30 for one pet, $50 for two pets, and $70 for three pets.
Have you and your pet ever stayed at one of these hotels?