Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Teeth Extraction

In the normal development process for puppies, their baby teeth exfoliate as the adult teeth erupt. Some dogs may have complications with their teeth and Maui the 6-month-old Wheaten Terrier is an example.

She had to have surgery to extract her deciduous teeth and move interfering teeth. While routine dental care is not covered under our policy, complications such as this and broken teeth are covered, fortunately for Maui and her owners! Here is some more information about puppy teeth extraction and exfoliation.

Total claim amount: $3,985.96
Deductible applied: -$0.00
Exam fees: -$129.00
Unrelated charges: -$9.50
10% co-insurance: -$384.75
Trupanion repaid: $3,462.71

Social Media Manager

9 Responses to Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Teeth Extraction

1. and this is why it is so comforting to have our 12 year old, shep x, Sam, insured with you guys!!!! Thank you for being so easy to work with. It’s as if you really care and are not in it “just” for the money!

2. Kathy Marshall says:

thanks for sharing, and good to know!!

3. Lisa says:

Wow! That is so good to know.

4. sabrina rosa says:

That’s very good to know! My doggie broke a piece of tooth and I am hoping no extraction will be needed but it’s comforting to know it might be covered!

5. San D says:

Wow! Thank God for Trupanion!

San Dalvi on Fb.

6. Arlene C. says:

I just signed up my 2yr. old mixed breed pup. Glad to hear success stories about Trupanion working. Thanks for the info.

7. Nicole P. says:

Trupanion rocks!I am very grateful I signed my puppy up young! It has been a real blessing!

8. Suzanne says:

I hope I don’t have to use the insurance much but it’s reassuring to know it is there and will help with expenses when/ if the time comes !

9. melisa f says:

Very good to know. My yorkie has what I believe to be a baby tooth that didn’t come out and now it’s starting to bother her. She’s almost 2 and we’ve been insured for over a year with you. I’m taking her to the vet to see what the problem is. I’ll post what I find out firsthand about the coverage with her. I can’t imagine this would be considered routine.