1. Short intro: Name, how long have you been with Trupanion?
Mel (Melissa) Murray
How long have you been with Trupanion – 8 months (4/4/2011)
2. Tell us about your pet, does it come to work with you?
Pel’e unfortunately can’t come to work with me. He has inoperable bladder cancer, but he is a true fighter!
3. When you’re not at Trupanion, what do you like to do?
I like to spend as much quality time with my furry lil’ boy at home and with my family. I also like to go out with friends to shoot pool or make a fool of myself at karaoke when the opportunity jumps out at me. =O)
4. Who is your favorite famous animal, real or fictitious? (Think Lassie, Bolt, Nemo, etc.)
It’s a toss-up between Winnie the Pooh and Tigger… Those stories were a very big part of my childhood.
5. During your time at Trupanion, what has been the most unusual pet name, claim, incident, story, etc. that you’ve heard from a pet owner?
A tiny dog (terrier mix) fell off of a 27 foot building and he survived! He only broke his two front legs and bit his lip, amazingly enough. Thank goodness that the owner got insurance, because the owner most likely wouldn’t have been able to afford the surgery without us. Trupanion reimbursed her about $8,400 for the surgery he needed to repair his legs. He is now a very happy boy!
6. What’s your favorite part about working at Trupanion?
My favorite part of working at Trupanion is knowing that everyone that works here has a genuine concern for every pet and owner they come in contact with. It isn’t about “selling” our product. It is about education and helping every furry friend and their human companion that we can. We help save lives!!!
7. If you could tell every pet owner one thing about pet insurance, what would it be?
I would tell every pet owner out there that if they don’t want to worry about the cost of being able to help their pet and needing to decide between life or death, to get insurance immediately. My cat has cancer. If it weren’t for Trupanion, I would not be able to afford the medication and diagnostic costs needed to make him comfortable for the rest of his time left on this beautiful planet. For the first time in his and my life, I don’t have to think twice about getting the treatment done to make my boy comfortable. I can keep my focus away from money and kept on the most important thing-my wonderful flufferoo, Pel’e.