Do you have a dog that loves squeaky toys? Watson the mixed-breed dog loves them so much that he accidentally swallowed one!
Watson made an emergency trip to the vet clinic where his X-rays revealed the squeak toy within his belly. He received surgery to remove the toy and regular fluids and monitoring. After being given some medication to settle his stomach, Watson was allowed to go home and recover.
Fortunately he is insured so most of the bill was covered!
Total claim amount: $3,664.38
Deductible applied: $250.00
Exam fees: -$150.00
10% co-insurance: -$326.44
Trupanion repaid: $2,937.94
We consider this squeak toy insurance. 😉