Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Swallowed String - The Trupanion Blog
Underwritten by American Pet Insurance Company
<
Sign Up for Our NewsletterGet the scoop on pet health right in your inbox.

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Swallowed String

Rosie the 9-year-old Dachshund recently had a foreign body incident in which she swallowed a string, running up a vet bill of over $10,000! Rosie spent a week at the veterinary clinic receiving treatment and care.

Swallowing foreign objects can be very dangerous because they can damage the pet’s internal organs. Rosie is a great example that both dogs and cats and pets of all ages can experience unexpected accidents at any time. It is certainly fortunate that Rosie’s owners had decided to insure her!

Total claim amount: $10,151.27
Deductible applied: $500.00
Exam fees: -$61.00
10% co-insurance: -$959.03
Trupanion repaid: $8,631.24


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Prove you're a human: *