Admiral Insurance, an insurance company based in the U.K., recently published a press release on the most unusual claims they saw involving animals. From elephants to spiders, all types of animals have caused accidents on the roadways, according to this list. Check out these examples:
- A car was damaged by a peacock who was interested in his own reflection in the paint.
- A car was damaged by a group of peacocks which had escaped from a nearby garden.
- A driver collided with a post after being distracted by a camel and an elephant tethered at the side of the road.
- A driver drove into a telephone pole while trying to swat a fly inside the vehicle.
- A rare show car was destroyed by a nest of mice that chewed through the leather and foam interior.
- A man got distracted by petting his dog and crashed his car.
- A spider dangling from a rear view mirror caused one driver to crash his car.
- A car was damaged by rats that entered the engine compartment.
Has your pet or another animal caused you to damage your car or someone else’s?
Read the full press release here.