Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Ibuprofen Toxicity

This week’s pet insurance claim features Laila the 2-year-old Miniature Schnauzer. Laila recently got access to some ibuprofen and became very sick from the overdose of medication. She spent three days at the veterinary clinic in intensive care receiving treatment and close monitoring. She was released and should be doing well!

Human medications can be very dangerous if ingested by our pets. They can cause kidney damage, liver damage, and even fatality in high doses which is why it’s important to keep them out of reach and locked away. While many medication bottles are child-proof, they may not withstand the sharp teeth and powerful jaw of a puppy.

Total claim amount: $2,375.05
Deductible applied: -$250.00
Exam fees: -$155.00
10% co-insurance: -$222.00
Trupanion repaid: $1,970.05

About Stacy @Trupanion

Stacy Kowalchuk is a dog mom to her rescued Whippet-mix, Ellie. During the week, you can find Stacy surfing (the internet, that is) and managing Trupanion's presence in the social media world. In her free time, Stacy likes to bake, especially cupcakes! To balance her culinary affinity, she also likes to stay active, especially with activities that include her dog such as hiking and going to dog parks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


6 − 4 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>