Martha Stewart has a fun idea for new treats for your pet. This week we’d like to show you one of our favorites, and we hope it becomes of your favorites, too. This recipe makes about 16 servings.
2 cups of barley flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/3 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lining a baking sheet with some parchment paper just to make your clean up extra easy is always recommended.
2. In a bowl, combine all your ingredients and stir. Add about 3 tablespoons of water to finish off your dough.
3. Roll your dough in plastic wrap to about ¼-inch thick. Once you’re done, removed the plastic wrap and cut out the biscuits. Martha Stewart recommends a 3 ½ inch bone-shaped cookie cutter, but we say use what you have on hand. Keep re-rolling your dough scraps until you’ve run out.
4. Lay biscuits an inch apart on the prepped baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until firm.
5. Set biscuits out on a wire rack and turn the oven off. Once the oven is mostly cooled down, put biscuits back in and leave in the turned-off oven overnight. Remove the next morning and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Read the original recipe published by Martha Stewart here.