Apollo is a 1-year-old Shih Tzu that unfortunately recently got a hold of– and swallowed– a peach pit! A pit in the belly of a little dog is not a good combination which is why Apollo had to visit the veterinary clinic for surgery. After the foreign body removal surgery, the little pup was sent home with medications to rest and feel better.
His owner says that he is recovering wonderfully and getting back to acting like his old self.
Dogs and cats, especially young ones, are curious by nature and may swallow things that they shouldn’t. It’s fortunate that Apollo was able to receive timely care so that he can continue enjoying his puppyhood!