We recently received an e-mail from Janis, the owner of Riley the 5-year-old yellow Labrador Retriever. Riley recently had a scare with a grass awn (foxtail) and Janis allowed us to share her story.
Upon returning from vacation recently we noticed our little girl was in distress. Her breathing was shallow, she was lethargic and wasn’t eating. For those of you who either know this breed well, or, have one yourself, you know immediately that something just isn’t right.
After taking Riley to the emergency animal hospital, it was determined that a grass awn had migrated into one of her lungs, causing a bacterial infection. Riley had a thoracotomy which is a surgical procedure that allows the surgeon access to the chest cavity.
Through this very difficult time we want to express our appreciation to how quickly the staff at Trupanion (Andrea) handled our claim, a big “thank you” to Drs. Little, Campbell and the rest of the wonderful staff at the C.A.R.E. Centre who spoiled our little girl during her week long stay.
Our story has a happy ending due to the fact that we chose Trupanion for Riley’s coverage. She has been enrolled in the pet insurance program since she was a puppy.
In her last message to us, Janis said that Riley has had her stitches out and is recovering well. Thanks for letting us share your story, Janis!