Stella is a young 6-month-old kitten who recently gave her new owners a scare! She was taken to the emergency veterinary clinic for a foreign body ingestion of a string.
When pets swallow foreign objects, they pose a potential danger. Some lucky pets will pass the object, while others can face complications of internal damage, or the object getting stuck. Fortunately, Stella received timely veterinary care to alleviate the situation. Stella’s veterinarian took radiographs to assess the situation and it was determined that she would need surgery.
Fortunately, everything went well and Stella has already gotten her stitches out. Her kitty friend Charlie is very happy that she is feeling better so they can get back to running around and playing tag.
Total claim amount: $2,910.36
Deductible applied: -$450
Exam fees: -$77.50
10% co-insurance: -$238.29
Trupanion repaid: $2,144.57
Thanks to Jennifer for letting us share Stella’s story and adorable photo!