Bina the 4-year-old Dachshund is a curious pup whose nose got the better of her. One day when her owner wasn’t home, Bina smelled something interesting in the trash can and decided to investigate. Unfortunately, she ingested quite a bit of coffee grounds which did not agree with her tummy.
Coffee grounds contain high levels of caffeine which is toxic to dogs and cats.
Bina’s owner returned home to find her pup in serious condition. Bina was bloated and immobile. She was rushed to the emergency veterinary clinic where the vet took immediate action. Bina’s vet used activated charcoal to induce vomiting. She was also set up with IV fluids and was kept on watch overnight to ensure the improvement of her health.
We are glad to say that after several days of recovery, Bina is back to 100% and her household now has a taller trash can!
Deductible applied: -$0
Exam fees: -$95.00
10% co-insurance: -$99.22
Trupanion repaid: $892.94