Unique Pet Names That Are Weird, Wacky & Just Plain Crazy

As pet parents and aficionados know, there is no shortage of ideas for pet names out there. Inspiration is an elusive muse to pin down and the options can be overwhelming. What can a pet insurance company do to help shorten your list? Look no further than the following outrageous names of actual Trupanion pets. We’ve bracketed them in some entertaining categories for you to view.

Unique Pet Names Inspired by Celebrities and Musicians

The cult of personality for famous people runs rampant. Some people are so intrigued by the lives – or at least the names – of actors, musicians, and comedians that they name their pets after them! Fun examples include:

1. Tiny Elvis
  2. Sir Elizabeth Taylor
  3. Bill Cosby
  4. Bobcat Dylan
  5. Corgi Feldman

Yummy Dog & Cat Names: Foods and Drinks

Everyone loves a hearty meal or refreshing beverage. But apparently sweets, meats and drinks have all become real pet names now.

1. French Fry
  2. Agent Jack Daniels
  3. Skittles
  4. Dr. Lola Pickles
  5. Oatmeal

Unique Pet Names

Historical and Cultural Pet Names

Who knew that some of the most powerful leaders, memorable religious figures and concepts in history would have successors in the forms of dogs and cats? Take a look at some fascinating examples of unique dog names or odd cat names with a spiritual edge.

1. Caesar
  2. Isis
  3. Buddha
  4. Zeus
  5. Gaia

Dog and Cat Names for Movie Lovers

Memorable film or comic book characters can make for excellent names. Check out some of the imaginative re-creations people have come up with.

1. Simba (The Lion King)
  2. Sméagol (Lord of the Rings)
  3. Rambo (Rambo)
  4. Batman (Batman)
  5. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)

Pet Names That Are Totally Bonkers

These pet names don’t have anything in common other than their affinity for odd sounds and atypical words put together. Have fun reading this silly list!

1. Bunny Going to Chang
  2. Midnight Friar
  3. Fizzgig
  4. Funny Face McT
  5. Hand Over Fist

What do you think of these wacky and intriguing names? Do you have a favorite?

And do you have a peculiar name for your pet – or are you more of a traditionalist with something like Max, Bella, Lucy or Jack?

10 Responses to Unique Pet Names That Are Weird, Wacky & Just Plain Crazy

1. Carol Restad says:

My Dobe girl’s name is Gaia. I love it. The breeder I got from had never heard the name. I think it is pretty

2. Marene says:

Like the Iskabibble and thought of Ishkakibble.
    Love my Penny. When I lost my last Dachshund and friend told me that when you find pennies on the sidewalk they are from your babies in Heaven. So my little Dachsie now is my Penny from heaven.

3. Heather says:

Just perusing the blog and found this post.
    My kitty is named Ketzel. It is the Yiddish word for Cat. My mom named him.

4. McGoogle says:

We named our cat Sultan Fuss because we found him when he was just a few hours old and he spent much of the first few weeks of his life fussing at us about one thing or another. Sultan came about because like most cats, he believes he is royalty 😉 – so we christened our boy Sultan Fuss.

• Jay Kamen says:

After I lost my Husky Corgi mix, I needed 6 hours of therapy and 6 months to recover. I finally acquired a pure Corgi . He is now almost 11 months old . I wrote to the Queen of England who has 8 Corgis for advice and have kept 2 Buckingham Palace envelopes from the replies. The Corgi is named Royal -T or RT for short. I really have enjoyed him.

5. Deanna Jimosse says:

Since I’ve been a baseball fanatic all my life, it was a given that my cat was going to be named after one of my favorite players … Oakland Athletics player, of course. “Miggy” is the nickname for Miguel. Miguel Tejada was the A’s shortstop and my favorite at the time So it was a no-brainer my baby was going to be Miggy.

6. Aimwest says:

We have two purrfriends.
    1) named Liger after napolean dynamite. Named him Liger before he even came to my life! Liger evn looks like a Liger!
    2) named Lucky because he was Lucky to be sleeping in our engine, as a kitten. We call him Lucky Too Shoes! I have no reasoning as to why i nicknamed him that- just sounds fun! =^^=

7. Taylor says:

My dogs name is pookie it’s kinda of a wild name she’s a little White fluff ball

8. Jessica says:

Okay, this might be a long comment haha. I have 4 cats and 6 snakes. The cats are Zero (a female Bombay), KitKat (female tabby), Zak (male tabby) and Pandora (female diluted calico). The snakes are Sally (female Mexican Greeri kingsnake), Scarlett (female snow cornsnake), MeowMix (male cornsnake), Lucifer (male Texas ratsnake), titan (male Taiwanese Beauty ratsnake), and a female Taiwanese beauty ratsnake that is still nameless.

9. Jen says:

2 cats Anck-su-namun, and Bet-T, 2 dogs Balefire (his father was named rumplestiltskin) and Shmashmortian, a rabbit Travis of the Cosmos and a fish named BOB SAGET!