For this week’s featured pet insurance claim, we take a look at Skye, the 2-year-old Wire Fox Terrier. Skye’s curious nose recently got him into quite a predicament after he got hold of a chicken carcass!
At his veterinary visit, Skye’s veterinarian took radiographs to get a better look at Skye’s insides.
Cooked poultry bones are very dangerous to pets because they can break and splinter when ingested. These sharp pieces can cause internal damage after the pet has swallowed them, so it is important to seek veterinary attention immediately.
Skye’s vet went in for exploratory surgery to remove pieces of bones and fortunately did not find any particularly large or sharp pieces. However, they did find plenty of carrot bits!
Skye is healing from his surgery and we wish him a quick recovery!
Deductible applied: -$0.00
10% co-insurance: -$134.38
Trupanion repaid: $1,209.43