Shelby is a 1-year-old Labrador Retriever who recently made an emergency vet visit because she accidentally swallowed a large rock at doggy daycare! X-rays confirmed the rock ingestion and Shelby was admitted for surgery to remove the foreign body.
When a dog or cat swallows a large foreign object such as a rock, it must be surgically removed to avoid further complications or potential damage to their gastrointestinal tract. Her veterinary invoice included charges for anesthesia, hospitalization, IV fluids, surgery and medications.
We are wishing Shelby a quick recovery and hope that there are no more rocks in her future!
Total claim amount: $3,951.86
Deductible applied: -$500
Ineligible costs (exam fee): -$99
10% co-insurance: -$335.29
Trupanion repaid: $3,017.57