Layna the 7-year-old Doberman Pinscher recently tested the strength of her teeth and made an unplanned veterinary visit when she chewed into a man’s work boot. The foreign body ingestion put her into critical care where she had to spend a week and 2 days in the vet hospital.
When a dog or cat ingests non-food objects, they can become stuck in the animal’s gastrointestinal system which can cause further problems. If you suspect your pet has swallowed something it shouldn’t have, it is important to seek immediate veterinary care in case surgery is needed.
Layna needed surgery to remove the pieces of boot that she swallowed. Her treatment also included medications and hospitalization for several days. She was released to go home with doctor’s strict orders not to eat any more footwear of any kind. We wish Layna a quick recovery from surgery!
Total claim amount: $3,005.00
Deductible applied: -$250
Ineligible costs (exam fee): -$42
10% co-insurance: -$271.30
Trupanion repaid: $2,441.70