Dogs, especially puppies, are known to be curious and explore the word with their mouths. Unfortunately, some dogs are more likely than others to swallow any object they find, even if it isn’t food and doesn’t taste good. Bella the 7-month-old, 8-pound mixed breed dog recently experienced her first real emergency because she decided to swallow some foreign objects.
Bella the puppy’s stomach was found to have a few metal staples inside, so immediate treatment was in order. Bella’s veterinary care included anesthesia and surgery. If a dog or cat swallows a metal object, it is important that it be surgically removed because it could puncture internal organs or cause harm to the pet’s body if left alone. It could also be very painful for the pet to try to “pass” it.
Little Bella is out of surgery and we are wishing her a quick recovery, and only edible and digestible snacks from now on!
Total claim amount: $3,852.20
Deductible applied: -$0
Ineligible costs (exam fee, spay): -$560.43
10% co-insurance: -$329.18
Trupanion repaid: $2,962.59