Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog Swallowed Peach Pit - The Trupanion Blog
Underwritten by American Pet Insurance Company
<
Sign Up for Our NewsletterGet the scoop on pet health right in your inbox.

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog Swallowed Peach Pit

Buster the 1-year-old Maltipoo made an unplanned veterinary visit recently because he swallowed something that tasted very yummy. Buster ingested a peach pit! While peaches are a healthy alternative to dog treats and are safe to feed dogs (here are other fruits & veggies that are safe to feed pets), the pit itself is not. Because a peach pit is not digestible, it could get stuck in a dog’s digestive system and cause complications.

Radographs revealed the peach pit in his little tummy which meant that he would need surgery. His owners elected to proceed with his neuter surgery at the same time. Buster was hospitalized for two days in order to recover and get back to his spunky self.

Total claim amount: $2,054.15
Deductible applied: -$200
Ineligible costs (neuter): -$195
10% co-insurance: -$165.91
Trupanion repaid: $1,493.24


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Prove you're a human: *