It seems as though Lily the 11-month-old yellow Labrador Retriever is holding onto puppyhood because she recently got into some medication. When a pet swallows ibuprofen, the results can be dangerous. Symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy.
The poor girl needed veterinary hospitalization for four days where she received daily monitoring, medications, and fluids. There is no specific treatment for ibuprofen ingestion, but a veterinarian may use activated charcoal to induce vomiting to try and remove any pills that may remain in the stomach.
Lily was released and we are hoping that she is much better and that the medicine cabinet is firmly locked from now on!
Deductible applied: -$500
Ineligible costs (exam fees): -$106
10% co-insurance: -$135.47
Trupanion repaid: $1,219.19