Let me tell you a story about Benji the 1-year-old Goldendoodle. Benji was minding his own business, when a magnificent smell caught his nose. It was meaty and greasy and it would probably taste amazing. Being that he is a dog, Benji followed his nose to the source. What Benji found was so glorious and delicious that he gobbled it all up right away.
While it sounds like typical behavior, what Benji consumed was actually aluminum foil that was coated with grease and meat. When dogs or cats swallow inedible items, it is important to seek immediate veterinary care in case that object causes a blockage or damage to the internal organs.
Benji was in the veterinary hospital for four days for daily monitoring, medication, and radiographs to monitor the contents that he ingested. Benji received an enema to help expel the contents.
Now that he is home and recovering, we hope that he feels much better and that his owners will dog-proof the trash cans.
Total claim amount: $3,239.45
Deductible applied: -$0
Ineligible costs (Pet food, exam fee): -$110.35
10% co-insurance: -$312.91
Trupanion repaid: $2,816.19