While tennis balls are usually all fun and games for dogs, they can turn dangerous on occasion. Maybe, the 8-month-old Bernese Mountain Dog found out the hard way that tennis balls are not food.
After getting into a scuffle with her tennis ball, Maybe showed the ball who’s boss by eating pieces of it. Unfortunately, this earned her an emergency trip to the vet. Maybe’s treatment included X-rays of her abdomen which ultimately lead to necessary exploratory surgery to remove the objects. She stayed at the hospital overnight, receiving fluids and medications and so veterinarians could closely monitor her recovery.
Maybe is now home and recovering and we hope that she is back to her old puppy-self in no time (minus the tennis ball incidents)!
Deductible applied: -$1,000
Ineligible costs (exam fee): -$80
10% co-insurance: -$135.20
Eligible for coverage: $1,216.80