The summer is an exciting season for you and your furry friend to spend some quality time outdoors. It is important to keep your pet cool and comfortable during these hot days. Learn about these 7 toys that were made for you and your pooch to help make this summer fun while staying cool:
1. Multipet Chilly Bone—This durable and reusable canvas bone is a perfect toy for your dog on warm days. Simply soak this toy and freeze it and have a fun toy to help keep your pet cool throughout the summer. The Chilly Bone also promotes healthy teeth and gums and is perfect for teething puppies!
2. Kool Dogz Ice Treat Maker— This frozen treat will keep your dog hydrated, entertained, and cool for hours at a time. Fill the provided bucket with water or chicken broth, throw in a few treats and toys, and let it freeze. Once it’s frozen, place the giant popsicle on the provided stand and watch your furry friend stay busy trying to reach those treats!
3. Pogo Splash Happy— This toy is a necessity to bring to the beach or pool. It’s made of a bright orange neoprene fabric with a bounce-back action that dogs love to chase after. The Pogo Splash Happy will still float even if it gets damaged by sharp teeth, so all dog breeds can enjoy it all summer long.
4. Hydo Saucer—It’s a combination of a frisbee and a water toy! The Hydro Saucer squirts water as it flies through the air to keep your pet cool and entertained for hours on end. After soaked, the foam and rubber saucer absorbs water and gradually releases it throughout a game of fetch. It can also be frozen for another fun way of staying hyrdrated.
5. Chuckit! Ultra Ball Launcher—If you have a dog that could fetch for hours, this toy will make your job easier. With barely any effort, this device will throw the ball between 100-140 feet. The plastic handle tightly holds the tennis ball and releases it as you swing. The wand will also pick up the slimy tennis ball so you don’t have to worry about your hands getting covered in drool.
6. Meteorlight K9 L.E.D. Dog Ball—Summer evenings are a great time to exercise your dog because it tends to be the coolest part of the day. With this light-up ball, you can keep playing fetch even after the sun sets. This L.E.D. tennis ball-sized toy is easy to find in tall grass and will float if it lands in the water. The ball will also fit in the Chuckit! Ultra Ball Launcher for even more summer fetching fun!
7. Paws Aboard Doggy Lazy Pool Raft—Now you can relax in the pool with your furry friend by your side with this puncture resistant paw-shaped water raft! This floating dog bed is made with durable vinyl and is sun-resistant to keep your pooch floating all summer long. The raft is available in two sizes to fit large and small dogs.
The summer heat brings many fun water activities for you and your dog to enjoy together. Water safety is just as important for your dog as it is for us. Some dogs can swim for hours, and others have a hard time in the water. When you take your pet swimming, don’t forget to bring a lifevest!
What toys and treats does your furry friend loves in the summer heat?