Yogi the 5-year-old Jack Russell Terrier recently had a nose for trouble when he got into some prescription medication which earned him an emergency trip to the vet.
For households with pets that like to explore the world with their mouths and tend to swallow non-food items, it’s important to keep toxic substances such as cleaning supplies and medications locked away and/or out of reach. When a pet ingests human medication, the doses can be much higher than the pet’s body can handle, leading to serious illness or worse.
While at the veterinary hospital, Yogi had diagnostic tests run, including a blood panel, to determine the level of toxins in his system. He was put on fluids to help flush the toxins, and monitored overnight.
We hope that Yogi is feeling all better and are glad it wasn’t too serious!
Total claim amount: $750.00
Deductible applied: -$185
Ineligible costs (exam fees): -$123
10% co-insurance: -$229.20
Eligible for coverage: $397.80