Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog ate gorilla glue - The Trupanion Blog
Underwritten by American Pet Insurance Company
<

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog ate gorilla glue

Kona the 2-year-old mixed-breed dog got into some Gorilla Glue which can be very dangerous when swallowed. She refused to eat and was vomiting for a few days, so her owner made a trip to the veterinary hospital.

When Gorilla Glue comes in contact with water, it coagulates and expands, posing a serious threat to your pet’s digestive system. Our friend The Preventive Vet wrote a blog post about dogs and Gorilla Glue, including a video of the glue in water to show what can happen inside your dog’s stomach!

Kona needed exploratory surgery to remove any remnants of the glue. She was at the vet hospital for 3 days to receive medication and monitor her recovery.

We hope she is feeling much better now!

Total claim amount: $2,359.91
Deductible applied: -$300
Ineligible costs (exam fees, 50% dog food): -$113.90
10% co-insurance: -$194.60
Eligible for coverage: $1,751.41

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Captcha loading...