A Taste of Another Dog’s Medicine - The Trupanion Blog
Underwritten by American Pet Insurance Company
<

A Taste of Another Dog’s Medicine

Lola - Leslie Metcalf - Image 1

Shortly after Christmas, I fed my dogs and had just started to make my own dinner. I heard abnormal crunching and turned around to see my elder dog’s entire bottle of pain medication had been ingested by my 1-year-old dog, Lola!

A call to poison control, my veterinarian at Timberlyne Animal Clinic, a three-day stay in The Animal Specialty Hospital in Durham, and 10 days at home with round-the clock care ensured that Lola was restored to health with no long term damage.

Thanks to Trupanion, this was not a financial disaster as well. I adopted Lola from a pit rescue in February 2013 for my husband, who passed suddenly in August 2013. I love her more than anything and am so glad I could get her the care she needed.

Kathryn F.

Lola
Hillsborough, North Carolina

Enrolled: December 2013
Condition: Rimadyl Ingestion
Total Paid: $1,263.58

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Captcha loading...