Search the Blog
Please note: This blog is designed to be a community where pet owners can learn and share. The views expressed in each post are the opinion of the author and not necessarily endorsed by Trupanion. Always consult your veterinarian for professional advice.
Claim of the Week
Just like any average dog would, Milo the 3-month-old Havanese puppy was exploring his yard. We all know how puppies love to explore their world with their mouths which often leads to them eating things they shouldn’t. In this case, … Continue reading
Sugar the 6-month-old American Bulldog puppy recently made an unplanned veterinary visit due to a trampoline accident! Sugar’s owner noticed limping and the result was a fracture with a tibial crest avulsion. According to Daisy Street Veterinary Centre, “An avulsion … Continue reading
Shelby is a 1-year-old Labrador Retriever who recently made an emergency vet visit because she accidentally swallowed a large rock at doggy daycare! X-rays confirmed the rock ingestion and Shelby was admitted for surgery to remove the foreign body. When … Continue reading
Bailey the 12 pound mixed-breed dog spent 9 days at the vet hospital after swallowing 27 cents. It may not seem like a lot, but a little bit of change can give a small dog a lot of zinc! When … Continue reading
Musetta is a 4-month-old Burmese kitten who loves to play with her Burmese sister Violetta in the curtains. The kitties’ owner Sandra noticed something wrong when Musetta became lethargic and refused to eat. At first, she was treated for a … Continue reading
Wylie is a 2-year-old mixed-breed cat who recently tested the 9 lives theory. The poor kitty fell 5 stories out of a New York apartment!
Tazzi the 10-month-old Blue Heeler-mix (a medium-sized dog) recently got into some ibuprofen and potentially consumed up to 1000 mg/kg of her body weight. She was presented to the vet hospital with mild azotemia. Azotemia is characterized by high levels … Continue reading
Cody the 4-year-old mixed-breed dog recently went to his veterinary clinic because he ate some snail bait. Snail bait often comes in the form of small pellets which may appear as treats or kibble to your pet. It contains metaldehyde … Continue reading
Mosby the 2-year-old Maltese recently followed his nose into some chocolate. Because he only weighs 5 pounds, a little bit of chocolate can present a big danger! His owner made sure to seek immediate veterinary care for the little chocolate … Continue reading
Poor Tiga the 4-year-old cat recently had a run-in with a raccoon, leaving him with many wounds and a trip to the vet. The poor kitty was hospitalized for 5 days before he could go home and rest. His care … Continue reading