Claim of the Week

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week – Tumor on Dog’s Toe

This week’s featured pet insurance claim is about a dog who recently lost a toe. Maggie the 9-year-old Dogue de Bordeaux whose toe was recently found to have a tumor. Tumors on dogs can be common and are often benign … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog’s Tail Caught in Door

My first thoughts upon reading this claim were “aww, poor baby!” and yours might be, too. Poor Riley the 2-year-old German Shepherd was unfortunately in an accident where her tail got caught in a door.

1 Comment Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog Fell Down Stairs

Poor Caesar the 5-year-old Boston Terrier recently took a spill down the stairs which resulted in a broken elbow. Caesar went to the veterinary hospital where he stayed for three days receiving care and giving him a bit of time … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Cocoa Mulch Toxicity

Just like any average dog would, Milo the 3-month-old Havanese puppy was exploring his yard. We all know how puppies love to explore their world with their mouths which often leads to them eating things they shouldn’t. In this case, … Continue reading

1 Comment Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Trampoline Accident

Sugar the 6-month-old American Bulldog puppy recently made an unplanned veterinary visit due to a trampoline accident! Sugar’s owner noticed limping and the result was a fracture with a tibial crest avulsion. According to Daisy Street Veterinary Centre, “An avulsion … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog swallowed large rock

Shelby is a 1-year-old Labrador Retriever who recently made an emergency vet visit because she accidentally swallowed a large rock at doggy daycare! X-rays confirmed the rock ingestion and Shelby was admitted for surgery to remove the foreign body. When … Continue reading

2 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Swallowed coins and zinc toxicity

Bailey the 12 pound mixed-breed dog spent 9 days at the vet hospital after swallowing 27 cents. It may not seem like a lot, but a little bit of change can give a small dog a lot of zinc! When … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Cat ingested a sewing needle

Musetta is a 4-month-old Burmese kitten who loves to play with her Burmese sister Violetta in the curtains. The kitties’ owner Sandra noticed something wrong when Musetta became lethargic and refused to eat. At first, she was treated for a … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Cat fell 5 stories

Wylie is a 2-year-old mixed-breed cat who recently tested the 9 lives theory. The poor kitty fell 5 stories out of a New York apartment!

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog Swallowed Ibuprofen

Tazzi the 10-month-old Blue Heeler-mix (a medium-sized dog) recently got into some ibuprofen and potentially consumed up to 1000 mg/kg of her body weight. She was presented to the vet hospital with mild azotemia. Azotemia is characterized by high levels … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response