Search the Blog
Please note: This blog is designed to be a community where pet owners can learn and share. The views expressed in each post are the opinion of the author and not necessarily endorsed by Trupanion. Always consult your veterinarian for professional advice.
Claim of the Week
Lola the 2-year-old English Bulldog is featured in this week’s pet insurance claim of the week for her recent incident with seizures. Seizures are characterized by an abnormal burst of electrical activity in the brain. If your dog has a … Continue reading
Otto von Otters the 3-year-old Doberman Pinscher made an emergency vet visit due to swallowing a sock in this week’s featured pet insurance claim story. It isn’t uncommon for us to see claims for swallowed socks, underwear, toys, and other … Continue reading
Dogs, especially puppies, are known to be curious and explore the word with their mouths. Unfortunately, some dogs are more likely than others to swallow any object they find, even if it isn’t food and doesn’t taste good. Bella the … Continue reading
This week’s featured pet insurance claim is about a dog who recently lost a toe. Maggie the 9-year-old Dogue de Bordeaux whose toe was recently found to have a tumor. Tumors on dogs can be common and are often benign … Continue reading
My first thoughts upon reading this claim were “aww, poor baby!” and yours might be, too. Poor Riley the 2-year-old German Shepherd was unfortunately in an accident where her tail got caught in a door.
Poor Caesar the 5-year-old Boston Terrier recently took a spill down the stairs which resulted in a broken elbow. Caesar went to the veterinary hospital where he stayed for three days receiving care and giving him a bit of time … Continue reading
Just like any average dog would, Milo the 3-month-old Havanese puppy was exploring his yard. We all know how puppies love to explore their world with their mouths which often leads to them eating things they shouldn’t. In this case, … Continue reading
Sugar the 6-month-old American Bulldog puppy recently made an unplanned veterinary visit due to a trampoline accident! Sugar’s owner noticed limping and the result was a fracture with a tibial crest avulsion. According to Daisy Street Veterinary Centre, “An avulsion … Continue reading
Shelby is a 1-year-old Labrador Retriever who recently made an emergency vet visit because she accidentally swallowed a large rock at doggy daycare! X-rays confirmed the rock ingestion and Shelby was admitted for surgery to remove the foreign body. When … Continue reading
Bailey the 12 pound mixed-breed dog spent 9 days at the vet hospital after swallowing 27 cents. It may not seem like a lot, but a little bit of change can give a small dog a lot of zinc! When … Continue reading