Claim of the Week

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Benign Tumor Removal

Cotton the 6-year-old Miniature Poodle is featured in this week’s pet insurance claim. At his recent routine dental exam, a benign tumor was found on his jaw. A benign tumor is a group of cells that multiply but do not travel … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Rattlesnake Bite

With the warmer weather comes more walks, hikes, and time spent outdoors. For those in the southwest US, that means a greater risk of rattlesnake encounters. Dexter the 3-year-old Beagle recently had a run-in with a rattlesnake that earned him … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog Ate Tennis Ball

While tennis balls are usually all fun and games for dogs, they can turn dangerous on occasion. Maybe, the 8-month-old Bernese Mountain Dog found out the hard way that tennis balls are not food. After getting into a scuffle with … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Cat Swallowed Rubber Bands

Leo the 5-year-old cat recently made an unexpected veterinary visit because something was up with his tummy. He would vomit occasionally and was losing weight. His veterinarian took some X-rays and an ultrasound of his belly to reveal a mass. … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Cataract surgery

This week’s featured claim is for a 10-year-old Maltese who has an upcoming cataract surgery scheduled. Cataracts occur when the crystalline lens of the eye becomes clouded. The more cloudy and opaque it gets, the more light is blocked and … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Raisin Ingestion

Gus, a soft coated wheaten terrier puppy, gobbled up a box of yogurt covered raisins on the last day of his 30-day certificate coverage. The pup was admitted to the veterinary hospital for 48 hours of fluid therapy and kidney … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Ingested Aluminum Foil

Let me tell you a story about Benji the 1-year-old Goldendoodle. Benji was minding his own business, when a magnificent smell caught his nose. It was meaty and greasy and it would probably taste amazing. Being that he is a … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog Swallowed Peach Pit

Buster the 1-year-old Maltipoo made an unplanned veterinary visit recently because he swallowed something that tasted very yummy. Buster ingested a peach pit! While peaches are a healthy alternative to dog treats and are safe to feed dogs (here are … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Ibuprofen Ingestion

It seems as though Lily the 11-month-old yellow Labrador Retriever is holding onto puppyhood because she recently got into some medication. When a pet swallows ibuprofen, the results can be dangerous. Symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy. The poor … Continue reading

1 Comment Leave A Response

Pet Insurance Claim of the Week: Dog Ate Gorilla Glue

Nitro 1-year-old Shiba Inu recently made a trip to the vet because he swallowed some Gorilla Glue. Our veterinarian friend, Dr. Jason Nicholas featured the topic of Gorilla Glue and its dangers to pets on his blog a few months … Continue reading

0 Comments Leave A Response