We are looking for veterinarians, animal experts, dog trainers, and pet lovers to contribute to the Trupanion blog and we would love to hear from you.
Here are the guidelines for a guest blog post:
- Topic: Anything pet related. We love dogs and cats and enjoy learning as much about them as we can. Think pet tips, funny pet stories, interesting facts, anecdotes, etc. The content must be original (in other words, content that was written solely for our blog and does not appear on any other websites or blogs) and the topic must be new to the Trupanion blog. Please, no pet insurance articles.
- Word count: 500+ words—depending on the content, this may be flexible.
- Pictures: It would be great if you have pictures to go along with your post. When providing photos, please ensure that we (Trupanion) have full rights to use the photo on our blog.
- Author bio: You may include a short (2-3 sentences) bio about yourself so that readers can get an idea of your expertise. If you are stumped with what to write, take a look at what some of our other guest bloggers have written for ideas.
- Links: You may include up to two links within the article or in your author bio. We will only accept links to pet-related websites for businesses within the US and Canada that meet our quality guidelines. Note: we reserve the right to add the “nofollow” attribute to any link.
- Location: If your article includes a specific geographical location, we require that it be relevant to our audience. We currently market to the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Get started by writing within a Word document or directly in the body of an email. When you’re ready to go, send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to ask questions and pitch topics in advance.
Please note: We reserve the right to modify all written potential blog posts while preserving the author’s original intent of the text for reasons such as, but not limited to: grammar, spelling, language. We do not guarantee posting of every guest blog that is received. Articles written about controversial topics will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.