Search the Blog
Please note: This blog is designed to be a community where pet owners can learn and share. The views expressed in each post are the opinion of the author and not necessarily endorsed by Trupanion. Always consult your veterinarian for professional advice.
Search Results for: "claim of the week"
While tennis balls are usually all fun and games for dogs, they can turn dangerous on occasion. Maybe, the 8-month-old Bernese Mountain Dog found out the hard way that tennis balls are not food. After getting into a scuffle with … Continue reading
Leo the 5-year-old cat recently made an unexpected veterinary visit because something was up with his tummy. He would vomit occasionally and was losing weight. His veterinarian took some X-rays and an ultrasound of his belly to reveal a mass. … Continue reading
This week’s featured claim is for a 10-year-old Maltese who has an upcoming cataract surgery scheduled. Cataracts occur when the crystalline lens of the eye becomes clouded. The more cloudy and opaque it gets, the more light is blocked and … Continue reading
Gus, a soft coated wheaten terrier puppy, gobbled up a box of yogurt covered raisins on the last day of his 30-day certificate coverage. The pup was admitted to the veterinary hospital for 48 hours of fluid therapy and kidney … Continue reading
Let me tell you a story about Benji the 1-year-old Goldendoodle. Benji was minding his own business, when a magnificent smell caught his nose. It was meaty and greasy and it would probably taste amazing. Being that he is a … Continue reading
Buster the 1-year-old Maltipoo made an unplanned veterinary visit recently because he swallowed something that tasted very yummy. Buster ingested a peach pit! While peaches are a healthy alternative to dog treats and are safe to feed dogs (here are … Continue reading
It seems as though Lily the 11-month-old yellow Labrador Retriever is holding onto puppyhood because she recently got into some medication. When a pet swallows ibuprofen, the results can be dangerous. Symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy. The poor … Continue reading
Nitro 1-year-old Shiba Inu recently made a trip to the vet because he swallowed some Gorilla Glue. Our veterinarian friend, Dr. Jason Nicholas featured the topic of Gorilla Glue and its dangers to pets on his blog a few months … Continue reading
Lola the 2-year-old English Bulldog is featured in this week’s pet insurance claim of the week for her recent incident with seizures. Seizures are characterized by an abnormal burst of electrical activity in the brain. If your dog has a … Continue reading
Otto von Otters the 3-year-old Doberman Pinscher made an emergency vet visit due to swallowing a sock in this week’s featured pet insurance claim story. It isn’t uncommon for us to see claims for swallowed socks, underwear, toys, and other … Continue reading