How Does Cat Insurance Work?
With Trupanion as your cat insurance provider, you will be reimbursed 90% of covered veterinary costs for your cat. You pay the remaining 10%, as well as your monthly premium, examination fees and routine preventative care.
Trupanion is not in the business of cost containment, so you are reimbursed based on your actual veterinary bill and never use benefit fee schedules or ‘usual and customary’ payouts. You will receive 90% coverage for eligible expenses no matter which veterinarian, specialist, or emergency room you visit. No need to search for a specific clinic that offers treatment within a certain price point.
Trupanion pet insurance policies offer no limits per claim, per incident, or per year, and no lifetime payout limit. If you have an unlucky cat that has a lifetime of serious health issues, you will never see a cap on how much you will be reimbursed.