How Does Dog Insurance Work?
With your Trupanion dog insurance plan, you will be reimbursed 90% of covered healthcare expenses for your dog. You pay the remaining 10%, as well as your monthly premium, examination fees and routine preventative care.
We do not believe a pet insurance company should try to contain the cost of veterinary care, so you are reimbursed based on your actual veterinary bill and never use benefit fee schedules or ‘usual and customary’ payouts. This means you can visit any veterinarian, specialist, or emergency room and be reimbursed the same. No need to search for a specific veterinarian who would treat your pet within a certain price point.
With Trupanion, there are also no limits per claim, per incident, or per year, and no lifetime payout limit. If you have an unlucky pet that has a lifetime of serious health conditions or ongoing care, you will never see a cap on how much you will be reimbursed.