Trupanion is a proud member of The North American Pet Health
Insurance Association in both The United States and Canada, and
CEO Darryl Rawlings sits on the organization’s Board of Directors.
The North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA) is an organization of members who work collaboratively towards establishing and maintaining universal and professional standards for terminology, best practices, quality, and ethics in the pet health industry.
NAPHIA is a freestanding body comprised of reputable and experienced pet health industry professionals committed to advancing the industry through pooling resources, sharing information, and working together to identify and address challenges and opportunities.
As a NAPHIA member, Trupanion has committed to the following pet health industry standards:
- We will not dictate veterinary fees.
- Clients can choose any veterinarian.
- Veterinarians need not participate in our program, nor will they be exempt if they participate in other Pet Health Insurance programs.
- We will make a 3rd party available for all claim disputes.
- Regular claims will be processed within 10 business days (and no longer than 20 days once we have complete information).
NAPHIA is committed to educating and promoting to North American pet owners, the general public, and the veterinary industry, the values and benefits of pet health insurance.
To create a better quality of life for people and their pets through the design, delivery and support of a broad spectrum of pet health insurance products.
For more information about NAPHIA visit www.naphia.org.