NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Enter. To participate in the Trupanion (“Sponsor”) #ConeOfJoy (“Promotion“) for a chance to win a prize, eligible persons may submit an entry by completing the following:
- Create an original design using an Elizabethan collar, or “cone of shame”, build a prototype, and take a photograph along with a brief description of the design AND
- Submit a photograph to your Facebook personal page, with the hashtag #ConeOfJoy and tag @Trupanion (“Promotion Site”) in the post
- OR post the image and description directly to the Trupanion Facebook page
- OR direct message the Trupanion Facebook page with a photo and description.
Eligible persons who complete the Registration (“Participants“) may submit only one entry from 9:00 AM EST on October 1, 2018 until 11:59 PM EST on October 21, 2018 (the “Entry Period“). Sponsor may reject any entry it believes is the result of fraud or was submitted in violation of the official rules. To enter without an online submission, Participants must clearly print your name, complete mailing address, email address and phone number on a 3 x 5 card and mail it along with a photo of your #ConeOfJoy photo and label the entry #ConeOfJoy Contest, Attn: Marketing Department, 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108 (“Alternative Registration”). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, mutilated, illegible, or incomplete entries.
- Eligibility to participate in the Promotion or to win prizes is limited to individual persons at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period, who are legal residents of the United States or its territories and possessions and Canada (except Quebec). Washington State residents may not be eligible to receive a prize if they have won other prizes from the Sponsor in the prior twelve months. Any effort by an entrant to misrepresent himself or herself through the use of aliases will disqualify that entrant. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate or win. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, including the Administrator, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Promotion. The Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
- Grand Prize.Up to twenty five (25) Grand Prize winners will be selected by Trupanion on or about October 22, 2018. The Sponsor will award each of the Grand Prize winners’ with a gift basket of pet-related prizes, with a value of $25. Trupanion reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal value if the advertised prize is not available.
- Conditions of Participation. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final. Each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and to accept delivery of any prize won based upon availability. In addition, each Participant represents and warrants that all information contained in his/her Registration entry is true and accurate. The Sponsor and the Administrator are not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules or otherwise in any materials available at the Promotion Site. By completing a Registration, Participants grant to Sponsor, its agents and others working on their behalf the right to use the Participant’s name, employer and/or affiliation for advertising and marketing purposes, including on the Sponsor’s website or social media pages, without additional compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Unless a Participant otherwise opts out, Sponsor and its designees may use the Participant’s e-mail address to contact the Participant regarding Sponsor’s services and other offers and/or promotions. All Registration entries become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor and Administrator shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified or misdirected Registration entries or any errors, delays or failures with entries. If for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Promotion becomes compromised, or the Sponsor’s or Administrator’s administration or fulfillment of the Promotion becomes impracticable, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Promotion, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Registration or the administration of the Promotion.
- Winner Notification.The winners of the Prize will be notified on social media. Sponsor may require the prize winners to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), and/or liability waiver prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, “Affidavit”). If any of the prize winners do not respond to the notification within 14 days, is found to be ineligible, or fails to execute the Affidavit or other documentation required by Sponsor, the Sponsor may consider such prize winner to have forfeited the Prize, and another prize winner may be selected as time allows. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to Prizes. The Prizes are not transferable and the winners have no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event of unavailability.
- Announcement of Winners. The names of the Prize winners will be posted after they have been notified on the Sponsor’s social accounts (Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram).
- The Sponsor of this Promotion is Trupanion Managers USA, Inc. (“Trupanion”), 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108.
- The Administrator of this Promotion is Trupanion Managers USA, Inc., 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108.
- Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability. Each Participant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Promotion or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize or any other substitute prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, regardless of conflicts of laws principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Promotion shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in King County, Washington, and each Participant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each Participant agrees to service of process by mail or other methods acceptable under the laws of the State of Washington. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. REGISTERED CONTESTANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.