All dogs and cats between the age of 8 weeks and 14 years can receive a certificate after a health check. Once activated by the pet owner within 24 hours, their coverage for the unexpected begins immediately. The certificate is a great way for pet owners to see for themselves the benefits of pet insurance, and they're easy to seamlessly introduce into the everyday workflow of your practice.
What do the certificates provide?
Certificates are a great tool to help introduce pet owners to the benefits of having pet insurance for their pets. Just provide pet owners with a certificate after a veterinary exam – it’s really that simple.
Certificates provide pet owners with:
- 30 days of our coverage from the full Trupanion policy. After the 30-day period, pets can enroll for lifelong coverage.
- 90% coverage of eligible treatments based on your actual bill, less the exam fee and optional deductible.
- The comprehensive Trupanion core policy for all new injuries and illnesses, including hereditary and congenital conditions.
- No payout limits means no per condition, annual, or lifetime limits.
- Immediate coverage begins without the standard waiting periods of 5 days for injuries and 30 days for illnesses.